Poziom B2 Lekcja 3 - Ćwiczenia
Use the present perfect continuous forms to complete the sentences.
- Your cousin ... (follow) our discussion with great interest.
- She ... (work) here just for a couple of days.
- What ... (your daughter / do) all afternoon?
- He ... (drive) for five years now.
- Mary and Paul ... (play) tennis all morning.
- How long ... (you / wait) for me?
- It ... (snow) heavily all day.
- How long ... (he / live) next door to them?
- Martin ... (not / read) this book for two hours.
- We ... (try) to get permission to extend our house since last summer.
Use the correct forms of the following phrases to complete the sentences: avoid stress, be addicted to, be allergic to, cut down on, do regular exercises, keep fit, struggle with cancer, suffer from, take up a sport, treat.
- I can't eat any dairy products. I ... milk.
- You are out of shape. I think you should ... like basketball or tennis.
- My grandpa swims, cycles and ... so he's in very good shape.
- His doctor is going to ... him with a new drug. I hope it will help.
- Nowadays many people all over the world ... diabetes.
- If you want to go on a diet, you will have to ... meat and sweets.
- He ... for almost five years. They are going to operate on him next week.
- If I were you, I would do regular exercises to ... .
- Proper breathing and outdoor activities is the best way to ... .
- Tom is a heavy smoker. He says he ... nicotine for almost ten years.
Read the text about George and answer true (T) or false (F).
- George has been trying to quit smoking for almost three years.
- George doesn't want anybody to help him.
- Now he's cut down on cigarettes.
- George's father struggled with his addiction for seven years.
- George thinks about the harm he has been doing to the people around for all these years of smoking.
Translate the following sentences into English.
- Mark pracuje nad tym projektem od czerwca.
- Czy pada deszcz od kiedy wróciłaś do domu?
- On jest nałogowym palaczem przez wiele lat.
- Mieszkam w domu pana Walkera od kiedy po raz pierwszy przyjechałem do Londynu.
- Przyniosłem małą butelkę wina.